The Incorporated Village of Garden City consists of four sections: The Estates, Central, Eastern and Western. In September 1919, three sections of the village were incorporated under an unusual and highly successful non-political form of government called the Community Agreement. This agreement was modified in 1931 to include the newly developed Western Section of the village. This week’s column takes a look at recently sold homes in the Central section, which is geographically defined to include residents west from Franklin Avenue and East from Rockaway Avenue and extends north to south in accordance with the village boundaries.
87 Second St. (1957) (A)
Traditional home sold on 2/8 for $1,595,000. 6 bedrooms/6 full baths/1 half bath/Taxes $30,997. Amenities include a formal dining room, eat-in kitchen, formal living room with a fireplace and an enclosed porch.
11 Rockaway Ave. (1996) (B)
Colonial sold on 3/15 for $1,350,000. 4 bedrooms/2 full baths/1 half bath/Taxes $29,434. House includes elevator to three floors and a brick ramp, high ceilings, grand foyer with a bridal staircase, walk-up attic and a den.
107 Third St. (1926) (C)
Colonial sold on 11/6/15 for $1,109,000. 4 bedrooms/2 full baths/1 half bath/Taxes $17,055. Includes a large family room, living room with fireplace, new eat-in kitchen with granite counter tops and an attic.
118 Fourth St. (1926) (D)
Colonial sold on 10/2/15 for $1,260,000. 5 bedrooms/3 full baths/1 half bath/Taxes $29,926. Comes with an egress window, a great room with a fireplace, heated sun porch, mud room and a finished basement.
Homes shown here represent closed sales, sold by a variety of agencies and selected for their interest to readers by the Garden City Life editor. Except where noted, data and photos are provided courtesy of Multiple Listing Service of Long Island, Inc.