The Incorporated Village of Garden City consists of four sections: The Estates, Central, Eastern and Western. In September 1919, three sections of the village were incorporated under an unusual and highly successful non-political form of government called the Community Agreement. This agreement was modified in 1931 to include the newly developed Western Section of the village. This week’s column takes a look at recently sold homes in the Western section, which is geographically defined to include residents from until the border of Tanners Pond Road north of Stewart Avenue and Edgemere Road to the south of Stewart Avenue.
65 Roosevelt St. (1930)
Colonial sold on 4/4 for $765,000. 3 bedrooms/1 full bath/1 half bath/Taxes $13,908. Amenities include a large recreation room with a wet bar, a living room with a fireplace, a mud room, a powder room and attic storage.
37 Adams St. (1951)
Cape sold on 2/12 for $712,000. 4 bedrooms/2 full baths/Taxes $16,494. House includes living room with fireplace, a sun room, a family room with a fireplace, inground sprinklers and an attached garage.
109 Wilson St. (1955)
Colonial sold on 1/21 for $687,500. 3 bedrooms/2 full baths/1 half bath/Taxes $16,192. Includes a finished basement, a den, entry foyer, a formal dining room, eat-in kitchen and a patio.
66 Roosevelt St. (1928)
Colonial sold on 12/18/15 for $745,000. 3 bedrooms/1 full bath/1 half bath/Taxes $13,525. Comes with a finished rec room, utilities, living room with a fireplace, a formal dining room and a full bath with a jacuzzi tub.