The Estates Property Owners’ Association is starting a Student Ambassador Program to encourage high school students’ participation in the village’s government through attendance at POA meetings. The Estates POA is now accepting applications for Student Ambassador for the school year 2018-19 from students who are either in their junior and senior year of any public or private high school. This is an excellent opportunity for students to become involved in Garden City’s unique form of local government. The applicant must reside in the Estates section of Garden City and have a parent who has paid membership dues to the Estates POA for the 2018-19 year.
The Student Ambassador will be expected to
1. Attend the monthly Estates POA meetings,
2. Report, at this meeting, about one issue that is of concern to high school students.
3. Write an article expressing your opinion about one of the issues reported on at each of the meetings,
4. Submit such article for publication either in the high school’s newspaper or on the Estates POA website,
5. Attend at least one meeting of the School Board per year.
6. Attend at least one meeting of the Board of Trustees per year.
The application is available at www.gcestates.org.
Please mail the completed application, an unofficial copy of your transcript, a list of any extracurricular activities and a short essay explaining why you are interested in participating in the Student Ambassador Program to the Estates POA, P. O. Box 282, Garden City, New York 11530 or email to Tina DiMino at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your application by Oct. 7.