Cause Of Deadly House Fire Revealed

0
506

The cause of the fire that sadly killed three members of a Garden City family was recently revealed by the First Assistant Chief Fire Marshal for Nassau County. The fire, which is deemed accidental, was caused potentially by a person who was smoking cigarettes on the first floor of the home. The fire marshal added that the home on Washington Avenue had two smoke detectors, but both were inoperable. The fire claimed the lives of Garden City High School senior Molly Madigan, 18, and her parents Gail Madigan, 60, and Joe Madigan, 62. A GoFundMe page, which was set up to help with funeral expenses, so far has raised close to $250,000. If you’d like to donate, visit www.gofundme.com/f/the-madigan-family-memorial-fund.

Leave a Reply